For the marinade: 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup brown sugar, half of lemon squeezed, 1 tbsp of minced ginger, 2 star anise, mixture of 1 tbsp corn starch or tapioca starch with 1 tbsp water (to thicken sauce).
After I cooked the turkey spam in a skillet, I placed them inside a Tupperware container and using a strainer, I poured in the marinade. I shook the Tupperware so that the marinade covers all the spam completely. The first time I made musubi, I just brushed on the marinade on one side and the result is that you only get one side that has this nice flavor and the other side is lacking. By marinating the whole thing, you get all the flavor once you bite into the musubi and I'm a fan of delicious flavor.
Tips: Keep a small bowl of water to keep your fingers clean and to wet the nori to close up the seaweed. Place Saran Wrap on the bottom of the nori so the rice won't stick to your plate and it ill be easier to roll later.

No comments:
Post a Comment