I really like hot pepper tuna but couldn't find any at the Korean market the two times that I went there and I couldn't find any recipes online so I decided to mix some ingredients together just so I can still have that hot pepper taste with tuna. I didn't want to make a fresh batch of short grain sushi rice, I wanted to make use of old rice (long grain) so I warmed up the rice in the microwave for a minute and heated the sushi seasoning for 20 seconds in the microwave then poured it over the rice and mixed it.
Sushi Rice: Sushi vinegar, sugar, salt (add according to taste, I used 2tbsp sushi vinegar, 1 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt)
Hot Pepper Tuna: 1/2 can Tuna in water, pinch of old bay seasoning, 1 tbsp kewpie mayo, pinch of sugar, 1/2 tsp hot pepper paste (gochujang), dash of sesame oil, 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
Makes 4 Kimbap

No comments:
Post a Comment